2.25.2009

Tacos, Eggs and cake

I'm alittle behind so let me start by showing off my Taco Salad.

002

Lettuce topped with taco meat, cheese and homemade Taco sauce.

Heres the recipe:
INGREDIENTS

1 can (8 ounces) unseasoned tomato sauce, preferably no-salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Cayenne pepper or hot sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl. Let set for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed. Serve with Beef Tacos or in Mexican-style dips and salads.

Monday night I made a Caramel Pumpkin Cake for playgroup.
005

I'll share the recipe for that later. I always leave off the frosting/glaze.

Last thing on the food subject. My breakfast consisted of scrambled eggs with cheese, onions and peppers and bacon on the side. Yummy.
008

I'm off to play with the little one for awhile and start tidying the house. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

No comments: