7.29.2015

School Year 2015-2016 3rd Grade


It's always exciting to get a box full of brand new books. Yesterday I received my order from CBD which contained most of what we'll be using for CJ this year. Here's a quick run down of what we'll be doing for CJ's 3rd grade year. As I get the year planned and we get into the school year I'll post what we're doing each week with both kids.

Math- Texting Textbooks Math 3
Language Arts- Easy Grammar 
Science- We'll be studying the human body using the Human Body book from CBD as a guideline and hands on activities from Pinterest.
History- Unit Studies on US History. I couldn't find a good us history curriculum that I liked so I decided to put together unit studies.
Spelling- I'll be putting together spelling lists based on what we are studying in science and history that week.

Another thing I'll be doing this year is getting CJ in the kitchen more. I have found several resources on Pinterest for cooking lessons for kids. He enjoys helping to cook but often times it's easier on me if he plays with his little sister while I get supper done. I want him to have all the real life skills he needs though, so I'll be making a bigger effort to get him in the kitchen and teach him how to cook.


No comments: